INFORMATION TO COLLECT
We may collect personal information in different ways. When you interact with us by visiting the Site to browse, make an online purchase, sign up or log-in to your account on our websire, complete any online forms [such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys], opt to receive newsletters, rewards, and special offers, check out as a guest [in which case we merely collect transaction-based data enabling us to send your purchase to you] or even simply communicate with us on our social channels [email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise], we are eligible to collect information about you.
The information we collect about you may include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, images and financial information, and other relevant information.
We do not require you to provide any personal information related to any other person that is not essential and directly related to the provision of the service ordered, unless we are required to collect such information under the expressed instructions of a competent authority, in the interest of public or national security.
By creating an account with us, you are giving us consent to collect of some of your personal data. If you place an order with us, you are giving us consent to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, delivery and billing address[es] so that we can process and fulfil your order.
Saved card payment details are never shared with third parties or employees of ATTUALE.COM and are only used to process your order, using our secure payment partner's systems.
We may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your direct telephone number including mobile. This number may be shared with our delivery partner. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
We may receive information about you from your other accounts or other sites, including our partner boutiques, social media providers like Facebook and Instagram, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers, amongst others. By linking your account on the site to your Facebook or Instagram accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or site and will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you more personalized content/ material/ information. We may also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with the demand or develop new products/ services to cater to your needs. This data is always stored anonymously.
We may store some of the user transaction records and personal information in our secure servers in Germany for a period of five years to help improve our services for customers in the future. All data is secured with a high-level of protection.
USAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We shall take all reasonable and appropriate measures to prevent the unauthorized disclosure or the unauthorized use of your personal information. The following are the possible reasons for personal data collections:
- For the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details (name, address, phone number, email address, and financial information – such as debit or credit card details) to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. We may also use your information to communicate with you about current orders and provide you with customer service support when needed. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body;
- To send you marketing materials and updates but only ever in accordance with your preferences (as detailed later on in our policy);
- To send you polls and surveys to find out your views of the Site and services. We may also carry out analysis of, and research into, the ways that you use the Site, so we can optimize the Site and your experience. We may use third-parties to carry out any research, analysis, and surveys, or to deliver incentives in return for your participation in polls, as further set out below; and
- The Data Privacy Law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of customer service and experiences. If you choose not to share your personal data with us or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
If you request us to disclose your own personal information to you, we shall disclose it free of charge and without delay after an adequate verification process.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We may disclose your personal information if such disclosure is permitted or requested by law, expressly permitted by you, or made in the course of making a credit check with a reputable credit reporting agency.
With your initial approval, we share your personal data with trusted affiliates or third-parties as follows:
- IT companies who support the Site
- Delivery couriers
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you are browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on the sites
- Delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalize our offers to you.
If these are not directly approved by you, we shall firstly obtain your prior consent before proceeding to share any information with a third-party involved. In circumstances where it is necessary to provide your information to affiliates or other third-parties who are directly involved in the provision of services ordered by you, such parties are required to take all reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your information and to use it only as required for the purposes of providing the services you ordered.
We may provide your information to our advertising and social media partners (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for data collection to select and serve relevant adverts about our products and services to you and others.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. This will help us collect information and store your online preferences to better optimize your shopping experience.
There are five types of cookies:
- Customer preference Cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features by helping to remember preferences you make [user name, language or location] when browsing or shopping online. This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Customer Preference Cookies
– These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features by helping to remember preferences you make (username, language or location) when browsing or shopping online. This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you;
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit the Site from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites;
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect anonymous information and analyze how our customers use the Site. This allows us to continuously improve the Site and your shopping experience. We use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand areas such as Site navigation and shopping experience. Data stored by these cookies do not show personal information from which your individual identity can be established;
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks; and
- Third-party Service Provider Cookies – These cookies allow you to share your activity on the Site through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience. These service providers may use these technologies in the ways described above and in addition may help us and you to avoid fraud.
By using the Site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the Site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Site.
MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
When you first register with us you will be able to choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us or our third parties. Whenever you receive a marketing communication or newsletter from us [which may be by Email, SMS, Telephone or Direct Mail], you will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe. Such alerts will only include marketing information from and about ATTUALE.COM. We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by us.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or updates to which you have subscribed. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mail list. Simple scroll down to the bottom of the email and click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link.
CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For registered customers, information can be amended directly through the site; after logging in using the ‘Sign In’ menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the ‘Details’ section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the Site. Information may be changed online within ‘My Account’.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. To withdraw consent, please CONTACT US.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop, for reasons associated to your individual situation. We must then do so, unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.